PSFramework 0.9.10.23 released - Improving supportability
Today we released version 0.9.10.23 of the PSFramework module.
This latest release includes:
- New Command: Unregister-PSFConfig - Allows removing registered settings from registry.
- New command: New-PSFSupportPackage - Provides a simple way to wrap up an error report with comprehensive debugging information.
- Updated Command: Write-PSFHostColor - New parameters
-NoNewLine(In line with the same Write-Host parameter) and
-Level(Allow suppressing messages depending on info message configuration)
- Updated Command: Get-PSFTypeSerializationData - New parameter
-Fragmentallows skipping outer XML shell to add to existing type extension XML. Also cleaned up output.
- Fixed Bug: Set-PSFConfig - Validation of array input would remove all but the first value.
This command allows resetting configuration settings to their defaults by removing customizations from registry.
Unregister-PSFConfig -Module dbachecks
This will purge all registered settings for the module
This command provides a simple way to wrap up an error report with comprehensive debugging information.
- The user encounters an issue in his console and support isn’t immediately available
- The user runs
New-PSFSupportPackageand sends the zip file that creates to the supporter.
- The person doing support can now at his leisure work with a rich set of debugging information, not necessarily needing to look at the life scenario.
A few examples of what is packaged and available to the supporter:
- Full input history
- Full error history
- Screenshot of console (clones the host buffer)
- PowerShell Version
- Loaded modules
- Loaded libraries
Written on February 21, 2018