The PowerShell Framework project strives to provide tools and infrastructure for PowerShell developers. Main Goals:
- Reduce development time needed
- Improve Manageability of developed code
- Enhance scalability of code
- Enhance uniformity of user experience
The project’s modules
The PSFramework module is designed as a large toolkit, enabling simple integration of advanced features, manageability of code & scripts, as well as enhancements to the individual user’s experience.
- Advanced message & logging functionality
- Manage scripts & modules using DSC
- Simple Tab Completion
- Runspace-safe development
- PowerShell Scheduled tasks
The PSModuleDevelopment module provides tools for the developer, for interactive use or as part of build actions.
- Speed up test cycles
- Speed up debugging
- Refactoring tools
- Assembly/Typesystem tools
- Multilingual Help testing
The PSUtil module is designed for improving the efficiency of anybody using an interactive console. It includes useful utilities, helpers and other gadgets that make everyday console use just that little bit faster and more convenient.
- Keybindings for frequently needed functionalities
- Simple directory navigation to often needed folders
- String manipulation on the pipeline (
- Short aliases for commonly used commands (
- Lots of other utilities …
Sending Emails is a fairly common task. Send a status report, send an alert, send a … whatever, really.
Many scenarios, many emails and most platforms, services and - especially - people can handle mail.
But what starts with a simple
Send-MailMessage can have some rather nasty consequences.
Configuring email settings in each script means system changes need to be rolled out to each script.
Scripts are transitive, short-lived.
A simple, short mail service outage can easily result in a critical mail going unsent!
Enter MailDaemon, the module to reliably handle all your email needs.
- Never lose an email to service interruption again
- Centrally manage your mail settings using the Group Policy, SCCM or another management platform of your choice.
- Authenticated SMTP without having to handle credentials in the individual tasks sending emails